Bryce Canyon National Park is a must-see place on everyone’s bucket list. However, the key to getting the most out of your trip is to find the best time to visit Bryce Canyon.
When is the Best Time to Visit Bryce Canyon?
Bryce Canyon is open year-round, but there’s certainly a right and wrong time to visit. Typically, May through September offers warm weather, but it’s also the busy tourist season at Bryce Canyon.
If you’re looking for relatively pleasant temperatures and less crowds, then the best time to visit Bryce Canyon is during the months of March, April, October, and November.
Winters in Bryce Canyon are typically quiet and beautiful. However, the weather is unpredictable and trails often close when it’s icy. But if you get lucky, seeing Bryce Canyon dusted in snow is a real treat.
What Are the Hours for Bryce Canyon National Park?
The entrance to Bryce Canyon is open 24/7. However, there are times when the park is closed for unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, government shut downs, and stay-at-home orders. Do be sure to check that the park is open before you plan a visit.
The visitor’s center has different hours depending on the season, so check with the Bryce Canyon website before visiting.
The fee stations are typically monitored during certain times of the day. You can still access the park before and after the fee stations open.
How Many Days Should I Visit Bryce Canyon?
You’ll want to spend at least one full day visiting Bryce Canyon. Since early spring and late fall is the best time of year to visit Bryce Canyon, you may want to spend a couple of days soaking in less-crowded sites.
How to Avoid the Crowds at Bryce Canyon
The best time of year to visit Bryce Canyon without the crowds is to sneak in on a sunny winter’s day. If you can’t visit Bryce Canyon in the winter, here are a few handy tips to avoid the crowds:
- Get there before sunrise. Start your day with the rising sun and hit up some of Bryce Canyon’s best hikes, including the Queen’s Garden Loop.
- Go during the offseason. Avoid traveling to Bryce Canyon between May and September. Visiting Bryce Canyon in winter is really magical.
- Get outside the main areas between 10 am and 4 pm. Tour busses show up and crowd the main parking lots at this time.
- Check out Bryce Canyon’s best viewpoints at different times. People visit Sunset Point for sunset, but you’ll enjoy amazing setting skies from virtually all of the Bryce Canyon Overlooks.
The Best Time to Visit Bryce Canyon For…
If you’re looking to visit Bryce Canyon for a particular activity, you’ve come to the right place. There are several things to do in Bryce Canyon and each one has its season.
- Hiking and trial running. April through October. Trails in Bryce Canyon close when it’s icy, so avoid the wintery months.
- The best time to visit Bryce Canyon for photography: Winter. The air is typically clear and the crowds are limited. Plus, capturing the perfect sunrise at Bryce Canyon while it’s dusted in snow is a real treat.
- Helicopter rides: Summer. The weather is typically clear and free of storms.
- Mountain biking: Summer and fall. Although you can’t mountain bike in Bryce Canyon, there are plenty of trails nearby.
- The best time to camp in Bryce Canyon: Late spring through early fall. The overnight lows aren’t too terrible, but if you don’t mind the cold, March/April and October/November are great months to camp too.
Now you know when is the best time of year to visit Bryce Canyon National Park, you can plan the trip of your dreams!